Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sam Adams to Release Harvest Collection

There is a HUGE rash of fall beers popping up all over the place. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Wachusett Brewery was releasing their new Imperial Pumpkin Ale, I just picked up a six pack of the Harpoon Brewery's Pumpkin UFO, and I just got the Samuel Adams "What's On Tap" monthly newsletter. Within the email, they mentioned the release of their Harvest Collection mix 12-pack.

Sam Adams has been very good at putting out seasonal mix 12-packs, and have gotten into it more over the past year or so. Last fall, they released their brand new Harvest Pumpkin Ale at the Beer Summit's Octoberfest celebration. This year, much to my delight, they are releasing another special beer - Bonfire Rauchbier.

Now, last year on my 30th birthday we went to the AHA Rally at the Sam Adams Brewery in Boston. Aside from the Glacier beer, which is/was a single hop Pale Ale (I loved this beer), we also got to try the Rob's American Rauchbier. This was a great beer that went incredibly well with the bbq we had that day. I imagine the Bonfire is either the same, or a similar recipe, and I'm excited to try. It should especially go well with some of the awesome fall food dishes Sarah prepares.

Anyway, I will be on the lookout for the Harvest Collection in the next week or so. I highly recommend picking up a pack, as it includes Boston Lager, Octoberfest, Harvest Pumpkin, Black Lager, and Irish Red - which are all solid beers!

2 comments:

meghan @ scratch-made wife said...

I fell in love with pumpkin ale last fall and am really looking forward to some cooler temps so I can put those harvest brews to use! The Rauchbier sounds interesting. Thanks for the tip.

BrewEngland said...

Honestly, I think I only had the Pumpkin at the Beer Summit Octoberfest, but from what I recall it was decent. The Rauchbier was definitely a cool beer at the AHA rally. I think it's definitely worth the try. If you don't like it, you still have 10 other quality beers! Let me know how it is.