Friday, August 5, 2011

Fourth Annual Summer Brew Fest



In celebration of International Beer Day, which today, I'd like to inform everyone of yet ANOTHER great beer festival coming up!

The Indian Ranch has announced a HUGE brewfest happening later this month. On the shore of Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg (seriously, that's the name - don't ask me how you say it) in Webster, Massachusetts, the Indian Ranch known for it's camp ground, classic rock (Blue Oyster Cult is playing tomorrow), and (mostly) country concerts. However, they will hold their 4th Annual Summer Brew Fest on August 27th, 2011 from 2-6pm.

Local and regional craft brewers will be on hand, and confirmed to date are: Harpoon, Narragansett, Sierra Nevada, RedHook Ale Brewery, Longtrail Brewing Co., Wormtown Brewery, Wachusett Brewing Co., Maine Beer Company, Paper City Brewery, Ipswich Ale Brewery, Sherwood Forest Brewers, Watch City Brewery, Clown Shoes Beer, Peak Organic, Woodstock Inn, and Olde Burnside Brewing Co. just to name a few. There will also be some National brands, as well as imported beers from Spain and Scottland.

Tickets are just $20 if purchased before August 13th, and $25 after the 13th. Admission includes 15 beer sample tickets, a souvenir tasting cup, live music, *pole-ish horseshoes, and more! Award winning BBQ will also be available for purchase from B.T.'s Smokehouse in Sturbridge, and pulled pork and other BBQ favorites from Tiny Tim's Cafe and Catering.

While Webster, MA is in **Central Massachusetts, it's actually only about an hour from Boston, Providence, and Springfield. Sarah and I were recently in Oxford, which is only a few miles away, and I was surprised that it didn't take very long to get there.

You can purchase your tickets at the Indian Ranch box office, or through Ticketmaster by clicking here. Please note this event is rain or shine!


* I previously stated I didn't know what pole-ish horseshoes in, but in fact I do know what it is - I just didn't know what it was called. Man, where have I been hiding?

**I previously stated Indian Ranch was in southeastern MA, but Webster is kinda near Worcester (about 15 miles) and somewhat on the Connecticut border. Sorry for any confusion!

2 comments:

JaySto said...

Polish horseshoes is a blast!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_horseshoes

Webster is in central MA, south of Worcester. Trying to misdirect people so there is more tasty beer for you?? ;-)

BrewEngland said...

haha Sorry Jay, I meant CENTRAL MA...But yes, you were right - I just want more beer for me! I'm going to Wikipedia right now!