Saturday, March 26, 2011

Making a Return to Seacoast!

Sarah and I are happy to be returning to the seacoast of New Hampshire later today. We'll be making a stop in the Manchester area as we're putting some finishing touches on our wedding details, and need to take care of some things in the area (suit shopping, decoration stuff, etc).

If we have time, I'm hoping to stop in at Bert's Better Beers in Hooksett, NH. Bert posted yesterday on his Facebook page that his brand new 10, yes read that TEN door singles cooler is now open for business. He informed me a few months ago that they acquired the suite next to his, and was expanding his already incredible selection of craft beers. The pictures I'm sure do not do it justice, and I need to see if for myself! I hope we have time for a visit.

What I know for sure we'll be doing is visiting New Hampshire's newest brewery - Throwback Brewery in North Hampton, NH. Now, technically the brewery has not opened its doors; however, they are set to open in Mid-Spring of this year! As you may recall, we announced back in January (thanks again to Bert Bingel from Bert's Better Beers for the scoop!) that Annette Lee and Nicole Carrier were opening this new facility in New Hampshire's Seacoast area, and we're very much looking forward to the visit and trying the beer for the first time.

After the brewery tour/tasting, we'll be heading back to Portsmouth for the first time in a while. Stops will likely include the Portsmouth Brewery (I wonder if I can bribe someone to give me a bottle of Kate the Great?), perhaps the Portsmouth Gas Light Co, and definitely the Coat of Arms for fresh beer and pickled eggs! I just learned it's Portsmouth Restaurant Week too, so we might be in for some great treats!

No comments: