Thursday, July 7, 2011

American Homebrewers Association Rally

I'm a homebrewer. Sure, I don't brew as much as I would like to, but nevertheless I'm still a homebrewer. After getting started last year, I opted to join the American Homebrewers Association, as well as started (and registered with the AHA) my own homebrewers' club Boston Brewin'. One of the awesome benefits to joining the AHA is gettng exclusive invitations to special events. More specifically, an invitation to dedicated AHA rallys.

As you may recall, last year Sarah and I attended the American Homebrewers Association rally at the Samuel Adams brewery, in Jamaica Plain. It was a special time because it was our first rally as card holding members of the AHA, but even more so as it was my 30th birthday.




This years rally is being held on Thursday July 28th from 5-8pm at the Samuel Adams Brewery, and is exclusively for AHA members. If you are a member already, and live in the general Boston area, you should have received an email direct from the Brewers Assiciation. If you are not a member, but would like to join, visit the American Homebrewers Association website for more information and directions on how to join. You can also sign up at the door, for a discounted price; however, space is extremely limited and I highly recommend you sign up in advance!

Last year Sarah and I each recieved a "Perfect Pint" glass, three drink tickets to fill said glass (awesome beers!), got a chance to cast our vote for the Longshot Homebrew Contest, food, and more. We even ran into the man himself, Jim Koch, and got to speak with him briefly. I expect similar things this year, although sadly I will not be able to attend.



So don't wait any longer! If you want an exclusive and intimate look inside one of the coolest breweries in the area, sign up for the AHA now!

No comments: