Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sam Adams Releases Limited Series



The Boston Beer Company, famously known as Sam Adams, has released four limited release beers, which are now available in stores. I'm not entirely sure how long they'll be on the shelves for, but I saw two of them yesterday at Supreme Liquors in Quincy.

The beers are...

The Vixen - a chocolate chili bock, sure to add a kick

Tasman Red - described as a Red Ale meets IPA, the Tasman Red clocks in at 50 IBU, which should give it a nice bitter aroma and flavor

Third Voyage - a Double-IPA (yes please!) that is brewed with Cascade Hops from around the globe

Griffin's Bow - a blonde barleywine that's aged on oak, giving it vanilla, lemongrass, and coconut notes

I saw The Vixen and Tasman Red yesterday, but I will definitely be on the hunt for Third Voyage soon. Truthfully though, I'll probably try them all.

2 comments:

Mickle623 said...

I picked up a bottle of the Third Voyage last night. You're welcome to come over and sample it if you want but you might want to make it soon since it's not going to last very long in my fridge!

BrewEngland said...

I may have to take you up on that offer! It looks like it's going to be a good one, for sure.